CustomerThink.com is fully committed to protecting the privacy of this site’s members, visitors, advertisers, and partners. Unless explicitly agreed to by users, we do not share any names, email addresses, or other personal information collected during any registration process on this website with third parties.
What personal information does CustomerThink.com collect?
CustomerThink.com collects only information that we need during the registration process. CustomerThink.com collects personally-identifying information during membership registration, order process in the online store, member surveys, postings to our discussion lists; and personal correspondence.
What does CustomerThink.com do with the information it collects?
CustomerThink.com uses the information it collects to distribute email publications and fulfill orders or for other purposes identified on pages where the information is collected.
Access to CustomerThink’s sponsored content (e.g. white papers, reports, case studies, and webinars) requires the user submit profile information (job, company, industry, location). CustomerThink may share your profile information after you have viewed third-party Premium content, and only with the Sponsor (content provider) for that specific content item. As stated on the registration form, the Sponsor may use personal profile information for follow-up by email, phone or mail.
How will CustomerThink.com protect your personal information?
CustomerThink.com takes appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us. We use third-party services with secure server technology to process credit cards; credit card numbers are not retained for marketing or any other purpose. Access to our database of members is restricted to those in our organization and in our email service provider that need access to provide the service to our company.
How to unsubscribe
CustomerThink.com has implemented procedures to make it as easy as possible for members to remove themselves from our email distribution list. An encoded “unsubscribe” link is provided at the bottom of every newsletter to enable members to unsubscribe entirely from CustomerThink publications. In addition, a newsletter subscriber may request removal at any time by contacting CustomerThink member services at email@example.com
CustomerThink complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a regulation on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union (EU). GDPR was adopted on April 27, 2016, and becomes enforceable starting May 25, 2018.
CustomerThink is considered a data “controller,” meaning that it “determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.” CustomerThink also uses third-party services as data “processors,” which means “a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.” Mailchimp is a processor for membership contact information including email address and demographic data collected in registration forms. Authorize.net is a data processor for online purchasing; CustomerThink does not store or have access to customer’s credit card data.
To comply with GDPR requirements, CustomerThink will:
- Only collect or process data where we believe there is a legitimate interest to fulfill our services or comply with government regulations and laws. For example, an email address is required to sign up for a free email newsletter. Contact information and payment data are required to purchase reports or advertising services online.
- Hold information confidentially, and only use it for the purpose for which it was it is intended and for which permission has been granted. No data will be provided or sold to third parties without the user’s explicit consent. For example, when a member signs up for a featured resources such as white papers and reports provided by sponsors, user consent checkboxes must be checked to permit CustomerThink to 1) collect and store personal data, and 2) provide contact information to sponsors.
- Make it clear to individuals how their information will be held and used during any registration process, and how they can unsubscribe from further communication. An unsubscribe link is included with all email newsletters.
- Show where we obtained our data and on which date it was obtained. Hold data only for a given period; if no activity with a contact on our database, it will be deleted after a maximum of 5 years. This applies to all data, including customers, staff, job candidates and any other information we hold on individuals.
- Ensure that all registration forms include an explanation that individual consent is required before including in any communication (e.g. email newsletters), and that consent may be withdrawn at any time. For example, before processing personal information included in a web form, the user must check a box stating: “I permit CustomerThink to collect and store the data in this form.”
- Upon request from individuals, remove any personal information within one month. This request may be made by 1) clicking on a link included in all email communications, or 2) writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or 3) calling CustomerThink’s main phone number 619-319-5183.
- Train its staff to understand these obligations, and review this policy regularly to ensure it is adapted to legislative changes.